August 8, 1864
Skirmish at Fairfax Station, VA.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #227: Reports of Captain Jacob Roemer, 34th NY Btty, Aug 1-Oct 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #236: Reports of Colonel Michael Kerwin, 13th PA Cav, commanding 2/2/Cav/AotP, Aug 1-20 and Oct 26-27, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #238: Report of Captain George C. Eckert, 2nd Pa Cav, August 1-31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- LT: August 8, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- LT: August 8, 1864 Spencer G. Welch (13th South Carolina)
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: August 8, 1864
- DI: August 1864 John D. Vautier (88th PA) Diary Entries
- NP: August 13, 1864 Cape Ann Light and Gloucester Telegraph: 32nd MA, the Crater, and a Feud
- ITINERARY: 85th Pennsylvania