September 20, 1864
Skirmish near Cedarville, VA, as Union cavalry pursue the fleeing Confederates under Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA.
Skirmish at Middletown, VA, the Shenandoah Valley, VA, Campaign.
Skirmish at Strasburg, VA, the Shenandoah Valley, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #12: Reports of Major Benjamin F. Fisher, Chief Signal Officer, AotP, August 1-October 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #246: Reports of Captain Henry R. Clum, Signal Corps, Chief Signal Officer, AotJ, Sept 1-Oct 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #247: Reports of Bvt. Major Peter S. Michie, Corps of Engineers, Acting Chief Engineer, Aug 1-Dec 20, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- NP: November 17, 1864 Windham County Transcript: From the Twenty-Ninth (CT) Regiment
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: September 20, 1864
- DI: September 1864 John D. Vautier (88th PA) Diary Entries
- CLARK NC: 28th North Carolina at the Siege of Petersburg
- NP: February 25, 1925 Potsdam NY Courier and Freeman: Orlando P. Benson Diary, 92nd NY, Part 3
- ITINERARY: 85th Pennsylvania