October 11, 1864
Federal scout toward Stony Creek Station, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Skirmish near White Plains, VA.
Bvt. Maj. Gen. Alfred H. Terry, USA, is in temporary command of the 10th US Army Corps, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Skirmish 2 miles south of Petersburg, WV, with some of Brig. Gen. John D. Imboden’s Confederate cavalry.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #8: Reports of Major Nathaniel Michler, Acting Chief Engineer, AotP, September 17-November 14, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #14: Report of Brigadier General Henry W. Benham, commanding Eng/AotP and Defenses of City Point, August 1-November 19, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #224: Report of Captain Edward W Rogers, 19th NY Btty, Aug 1-Oct 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #227: Reports of Captain Jacob Roemer, 34th NY Btty, Aug 1-Oct 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #237: Reports of Colonel Charles H. Smith, 1st ME Cav, commanding 2/2/Cav/AotP, Sept 19 and Oct 11, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #247: Reports of Bvt. Major Peter S. Michie, Corps of Engineers, Acting Chief Engineer, Aug 1-Dec 20, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #358: Diary of the First Corps, Army of Northern Virginia Aug 1-Oct 18, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- LT: October 11, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- NP: October 13, 1864 Richmond Sentinel: Chaffin’s Bluff, Oct. 11
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: October 11, 1864
- LT: October 28, 1864 Delevan Bates (30th United States Colored Troops)
- SHS Papers: Volume 14: Campaign of 1864 and 1865 by Charles W. Field
- ITINERARY: 85th Pennsylvania