July 3, 1864
Skirmish at Buckton, VA, as Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA, drives Maj. Gen. Franz Sigel, USA, across the Potomac into Maryland.
Skirmish at North River Mills, WV, with Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA.
Skirmish at North Mountain, WV, with Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA.
Skirmish at Martinsburg, WV, with Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA.
Skirmish at Darkesville, WV, with Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA.
Skirmish at Leetown, WV, with Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: July 3, 1864
- DI: July 1864 John D. Vautier (88th PA) Diary Entries
- ITINERARY: 85th Pennsylvania
- LT: July 3, 1864 Robert E. Lee
- NP: July 4, 1864 Richmond Examiner: War News, June 30-July 4
- NP: July 5, 1864 Richmond Examiner: Telegraphic Reports, July 3-4
- NP: July 5, 1864 Richmond Examiner: The Situation at Petersburg, June 28-July 3
- NP: July 10, 1864 Sunday Mercury (New York): 25th NY Cavalry at the Siege of Petersburg, Early July 1864
- NP: July 16, 1864 Cape Ann Light and Gloucester Telegraph: Co. D, 32nd MA at Petersburg, Late June to Early July 1864
- NP: September 29, 1869 Washington (PA) Reporter: 140th Pennsylvania at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 1
- NP: June 23, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 3
- NP: February 18, 1925 Potsdam NY Courier and Freeman: Orlando P. Benson Diary, 92nd NY, Part 2
- NP: July 3, 1964 Petersburg Progress-Index: Siege Centennial, Part 19: Petersburg, July 4, 1864
- OR XL P1 #114: Report of Major General Gouverneur K. Warren, commanding V/AotP, July 27-30, 1864
- OR XL P1 #155: Report of Major Robert Munroe, 139th PA, June 13-July 9, 1864
- OR XL P1 #162: Report of Lieutenant Colonel Otho H. Binkley, 110th OH, June 13-July 6, 1864
- OR XL P1 #171: Report of Captain William A. Harn, 3rd NY Btty, June 13-July 31, 1864
- OR XL P1 #175: Reports of Major General Ambrose E. Burnside, commanding IX/AotP, June 12-July 30, 1864
- OR XL P1 #241: Report of Colonel William Wells, 1st VT Cav, June 22-July 3, 1864
- OR XL P1 #295. Diary of the First Corps, Army of Northern Virginia, June 16-July 31, 1864
- OR XL P1 #302: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, June 16-July 31, 1864