August 7, 1864
No major events occurred today at the Siege of Petersburg.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- DI: August 1864 John D. Vautier (88th PA) Diary Entries
- ITINERARY: 85th Pennsylvania
- LT: August 7, 1864 James P. Elliott (1st Connecticut Heavy Artillery)
- LT: August 11, 1864 Clement E. Warner (36th Wisconsin)
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #227: Reports of Captain Jacob Roemer, 34th NY Btty, Aug 1-Oct 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #236: Reports of Colonel Michael Kerwin, 13th PA Cav, commanding 2/2/Cav/AotP, Aug 1-20 and Oct 26-27, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #358: Diary of the First Corps, Army of Northern Virginia Aug 1-Oct 18, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864