September 27, 1864
Skirmish at Port Republic, VA, the Shenandoah Valley, VA, Campaign.
Skirmish at Weyer’s Cave, VA, the Shenandoah Valley, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XL P1 #244: Reports of Colonel Henry L. Abbot, 1st CTHA, commanding Siege Train, June 14-October 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #8: Reports of Major Nathaniel Michler, Acting Chief Engineer, AotP, September 17-November 14, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #14: Report of Brigadier General Henry W. Benham, commanding Eng/AotP and Defenses of City Point, August 1-November 19, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #225: Report of Lieutenant Peter L. Moore, 27th NY Btty, Aug 1-Oct 27, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #247: Reports of Bvt. Major Peter S. Michie, Corps of Engineers, Acting Chief Engineer, Aug 1-Dec 20, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #249: Report of Col. Edward W. Serrell, 1st NY Eng, Sept 27-Oct 5, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #348: Report of Captain George B. Easterly, 4th WI Btty, Aug 1-Sept 30, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- NP: October 1, 1864 Philadelphia Inquirer: War Bulletin, September 27-30, 1864
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: September 27, 1864
- CV: V13N9: Story of a Boy Captain (Fort GIlmer)
- CLARK NC: 2nd North Carolina Cavalry at the Siege of Petersburg
- LT: September 27, 1864 Henry F. Young (7th Wisconsin)
- NP: February 25, 1925 Potsdam NY Courier and Freeman: Orlando P. Benson Diary, 92nd NY, Part 3
- ITINERARY: 85th Pennsylvania