November 10, 1864
Skirmish near Kernstown, VA, as Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA, with his feeble force of Confederates, move north from New Market towards Maj. Gen. Philip H. Sheridan, USA, and the Army of the Shenandoah.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- LT: November 10, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: November 10, 1864
- LT: November 10, 1864 Henry F. Young (7th Wisconsin)