December 4, 1864
Skirmish near Davenport Church, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright Â© 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #9: Reports of Major General James C. Duane, Corps of Engineers, November 13-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #229: Reports of Bvt. Major General David McM. Gregg, commanding 2/Cav/AotP, Aug 22-26, Oct 26-28, Nov 7, and Dec 1, 4, and 7-12, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #354: Report of Major James F. Milligan, Signal Officer, Independent Signal Corps, Oct 1-Dec 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- LT: December 4, 1864 Justus G. Matteson (10th New York Cavalry)
- MAP: Skirmish Near Davenport Church: December 4, 1864
- 150 Years Ago Today: Skirmish Near Davenport Church: December 4, 1864
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: December 4, 1864