January 15, 1865
Major General John Gibbon assumes command of the Twenty-Fourth Corps, Army of the James.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- ITINERARY: 48th North Carolina
- LT: January 15, 1865 Robert E. Lee
- LT: January 15, 1865 Delevan Bates (30th United States Colored Troops)
- LT: January 15, 1865 Charles Personius
- LT: January 15, 1865 Samuel K. Miller
- LT: January 24, 1865 Samuel K. Miller
- NP: January 27, 1865 The Bedford Inquirer: Co. K, 208th PA Near Petersburg, January 15, 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #9: Reports of Bvt. Brigadier General Henry L. Abbot, 1st CT HA, commanding Siege Train, Jan 1-Mar 31, 1865