November 8, 1864
Brig. Gen. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain returns to duty after recovering from his wounding at the Second Battle of Petersburg in June 1864.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today: Presidential Election Day: November 8, 1864
- LT: November 10, 1864 Henry F. Young (7th Wisconsin)
- NP: November 11, 1864 The Bedford Inquirer: 208th PA Election Results, November 1864
- NP: November 11, 1864 The Bedford Inquirer: 210th PA and 3/2/V/AotP Election Results, November 1864
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864