September 13, 1864
Federal scout to Poplar Spring Church, VA, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- DI: September 1864 John D. Vautier (88th PA) Diary Entries
- ITINERARY: 85th Pennsylvania
- LT: September 14, 1864 John A. Mayers (99th Pennsylvania)
- NP: October 27, 1869 Washington PA Reporter: 140th Pennsylvania at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 5
- NP: June 8, 1882 Anderson (SC) Intelligencer: Butler’s SC Cavalry Brigade at the Siege of Petersburg
- OR XL P1 #244: Reports of Colonel Henry L. Abbot, 1st CTHA, commanding Siege Train, June 14-October 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #12: Reports of Major Benjamin F. Fisher, Chief Signal Officer, AotP, August 1-October 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #17: Reports of Major General Winfield S. Hancock, commanding II/AotP, August 12-October 28, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- The Siege of Petersburg in Early September 1864 by Bryce Suderow