November 25, 1864
Maj. Gen. Andrew A. Humphreys, USA, is assigned to the temporary command of the 2nd US Army Corps, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- NP: November 25, 1864 Richmond Examiner: Disappearing Mail in Pickett’s Division
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: November 25, 1864
- NP: December 23, 1864 The Bedford Inquirer: 55th PA, Thanksgiving at Fort Burnham, November, 1864
- NP: December 23, 1864 The Bedford Inquirer: 110th PA, Thanksgiving at Fort Sedgwick, November, 1864