November 12, 1864
Action at Cedar Creek, VA, the Shenandoah Valley Campaign.
Action at Newtown (or Middletown), VA, as Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA, and Maj. Gen. Philip H. Sheridan, USA, meet again.
Action at Nineveh, VA, the Shenandoah Valley Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #9: Reports of Major General James C. Duane, Corps of Engineers, November 13-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #247: Reports of Bvt. Major Peter S. Michie, Corps of Engineers, Acting Chief Engineer, Aug 1-Dec 20, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #354: Report of Major James F. Milligan, Signal Officer, Independent Signal Corps, Oct 1-Dec 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #363: Reports of Brigadier General Archibald Gracie, Jr., commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 17-Sept 7 and Nov 12, 1864
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- LT: November 12, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: November 12, 1864
- LT: November 14, 1864 Samuel K. Miller