March 15, 1865
Skirmish near Ashland, VA, with Maj. Gen. Philip H. Sheridan, USA.
Skirmish at Hanover Court-House, VA, with Maj. Gen. Philip H. Sheridan, USA.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #7: Report of Bvt. Lieutenant Col Nathaniel Michler, Acting Chief Engineer, AotP, March 11-18, 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #23: Reports of Asst. Surg. Charles Smart, Medical Inspector, II/AotP, Mar 1-Apr 30, 1865
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: March 15, 1865
- NP: March 31, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, March 18, 1865
- CLARK NC: 24th North Carolina at the Siege of Petersburg