March 13, 1865
Skirmish near Beaver Dam Station, VA, with Maj. Gen. Philip H. Sheridan’s, USA, Cavalry force on their way to joinup with the Union forces under Lieut. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, USA, on the siege lines of Petersburg, VA.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #7: Report of Bvt. Lieutenant Col Nathaniel Michler, Acting Chief Engineer, AotP, March 11-18, 1865
- LT: March 13, 1865 Theodore Lyman
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: March 13, 1865
- LT: March 19, 1865 Luther Rice Mills (26th Virginia)