March 1, 1865
Skirmish at Mount Crawford, VA, as Maj. Gen. Philip H. Sheridan, USA, and Brig. Gen. Wesley Merritt, USA, Union Cavalry meet up with Lieut. Gen. Jubal Early, CSA.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #180: Returns for the Army of Northern Virginia, Jan 10, 26-31, 31, Feb 10, 20, Feb 24-Mar 1, 1865
- LT: March 1, 1865 Theodore Lyman
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: March 1, 1865
- LT: March 2, 1865 Theodore Lyman
- CLARK NC: 3rd North Carolina Cavalry at the Siege of Petersburg