January 30, 1865
Federal scout to Long Bridge and Bottom’s Bridge, VA, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #175: Report of Colonel Andrew W. Evans, 1st MD Cav, commanding 3/Cav/AotJ, January 30, 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #180: Returns for the Army of Northern Virginia, Jan 10, 26-31, 31, Feb 10, 20, Feb 24-Mar 1, 1865
- LT: January 30, 1865 Robert E. Lee
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: January 30, 1865