January 13, 1865
The combined military and naval operations against Fort Fisher, NC. 1/13-15/1865.
The bombardment of Fort Fisher, NC, by the naval fleet, including the USS Brooklyn, USS Canonicus, USS Monadnock, USS New Ironsides, and the USS Saugas.
The landing of the Union expeditionary forces against Fort Fisher, NC.
Skirmish near Fort Fisher, NC.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #9: Reports of Bvt. Brigadier General Henry L. Abbot, 1st CT HA, commanding Siege Train, Jan 1-Mar 31, 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #6: Report of Surg. Thomas A. McParlin, Medical Director, Army of the Potomac, Jan 1-Jun 30, 1865
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: January 13, 1865
- NP: January 27, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, January 19, 1865