January 11, 1865
Maj. Gen. George G. Meade, USA, resumed command of the Army of the Potomac, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco’
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #9: Reports of Bvt. Brigadier General Henry L. Abbot, 1st CT HA, commanding Siege Train, Jan 1-Mar 31, 1865
- LT: January 11, 1865 George McEwen (AAG 2nd Div., 24th Corps)
- MAP: Skirmish Near Warwick Swamp: January 11, 1865
- EXCERPT: Skirmish Near Warwick Swamp, January 11, 1865 (History of the 189th NY)
- 150 Years Ago Today: Skirmish Near Warwick Swamp: January 11, 1865
- 150 Years Ago Today at Petersburg: January 11, 1865
- NP: September 27, 1964 Petersburg Progress-Index: Siege Centennial, Part 29: When Endurance Was Heroic
- NP: January 27, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, January 19, 1865