This page of The Siege of Petersburg Online contains newspaper articles from a wide variety of American newspapers for the month of January 1865. Each article pertains in some way to the Siege of Petersburg and has been transcribed exactly as it appeared in whichever newspaper it was published in. Misspellings, grammatical errors, errors in fact, and any other possible errors have not been changed. We hope these articles provide readers with a look at the Siege of Petersburg as Americans read about in it in January 1865.
Note: If you are interested in helping to transcribe newspaper articles at The Siege of Petersburg Online, please use the Contact form and let us know!
- NP: January 6, 1865 The Bedford Inquirer: A Signal Corps Soldier at Christmas, December, 1864
- NP: January 13, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, January 6, 1865
- NP: January 20, 1865 The Bedford Inquirer: 138th PA at Ft. Dushane, January 6, 1865
- NP: January 21, 1865 Harper’s Weekly: Dutch Gap Canal
- NP: January 27, 1865 The Bedford Inquirer: Co. K, 208th PA Near Petersburg, January 15, 1865
- NP: January 27, 1865 Burlington (VT) Free Press: The Capture of Fort Harrison, Sept. 29
- NP: January 27, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, January 19, 1865