January 10, 1865
Major General George G. Meade returns to the Siege of Petersburg from his leave of absence, and again assumes command of the Army of the Potomac.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- LT: January 10, 1865 Robert E. Lee
- NP: January 27, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, January 19, 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #9: Reports of Bvt. Brigadier General Henry L. Abbot, 1st CT HA, commanding Siege Train, Jan 1-Mar 31, 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #180: Returns for the Army of Northern Virginia, Jan 10, 26-31, 31, Feb 10, 20, Feb 24-Mar 1, 1865