January 6, 1865
The Second Fort Fisher Expedition leaves the Richmond-Petersburg area from Fort Monroe, bound for Fort Fisher near Wilmington, North Carolina.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- NP: January 13, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, January 6, 1865
- NP: January 20, 1865 The Bedford Inquirer: 138th PA at Ft. Dushane, January 6, 1865
- NP: March 17, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, March 4, 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #4: Itineraries of the Army of the Potomac, Sheridan’s Cavalry Command, and the Army of the James, January-April 1865
- OR XLVI P1 #9: Reports of Bvt. Brigadier General Henry L. Abbot, 1st CT HA, commanding Siege Train, Jan 1-Mar 31, 1865