November 20, 1864
Brevet Brigadier General James Gwyn is assigned to command Third Brigade, Second Division, Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- LT: November 20, 1864 Delevan Bates (30th United States Colored Troops)
- LT: November 20, 1864 Henry F. Young (7th Wisconsin)
- LT: November 20, 1864 Luke and Charles Ostrye
- LT: November 20, 1864 Luke Ostrye
- NP: November 23, 1864 Richmond Examiner: Texas Brigade in Need of Clothes
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #9: Reports of Major General James C. Duane, Corps of Engineers, November 13-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #361: Report of Brigadier General John Bratton, commanding Bratton/Field/First/ANV from July 30-Dec 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864