November 19, 1864
Army of the Potomac Special Orders No. 313 assigns Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, returned from his wounding on June 18, 1864, to command First Brigade, First Division, Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- LT: November 19, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- NP: November 22, 1864 Richmond Examiner: The War News, Nov. 17, 19-21
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- OR XLII P1 #231: Report of Asst. Surg. Elias J. Marsh, Surgeon-in-Chief, 2/Cav/AotP, July 30-Dec 12, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #247: Reports of Bvt. Major Peter S. Michie, Corps of Engineers, Acting Chief Engineer, Aug 1-Dec 20, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864