November 5, 1864
Skirmishes in front of Forts Haskell and Morton, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Federal scout from Bermuda Hundred into Charles City County, VA, the Richmond, VA, Campaign. 11/1-5/1864.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today: Scout from Bermuda Hundred into Charles City County: November 1-5, 1864
- 150 Years Ago Today: Skirmishes in Front of Forts Haskell and Morton: November 5, 1864
- LT: November 5, 1864 Henry F. Young (7th Wisconsin)
- LT: November 5, 1864 Luke Ostrye
- MAP: Scout from Bermuda Hundred into Charles City County: November 1-5, 1864
- NP: November 11, 1864 The Bedford Inquirer: 208th PA Settles In at Bermuda Hundred, November 1864
- NP: October 27, 1869 Washington PA Reporter: 140th Pennsylvania at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 5
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- OR XLII P1 #1: Report of Lieutenant General Ulysses S. Grant, commanding US Army, August 9-December 11, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #47: Reports of Major General John Gibbon, commanding 2/II/AotP, August 25 and November 5, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #100: Reports of Bvt. Brigadier General Robert McAllister, commanding 3/3/II/AotP, Aug 13-20 and 25, Sept 9-10, Oct 1-5 and 24-28, Nov 5, and Dec 7-12, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #252: Report of Maj. Atherton H. Stevens, Jr., 4th MA Cav, Prov/X/AotJ, Nov 1-5, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #365: Reports of Brigadier General William H. Wallace, commanding Elliott/Johnson/DNCSV, Oct 27 and Nov 5, 1864