November 1, 1864
Federal scout from Bermuda Hundred into Charles City County, VA, the Richmond, VA, Campaign. 11/1-5/1864.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today: Scout from Bermuda Hundred into Charles City County: November 1-5, 1864
- MAP: Scout from Bermuda Hundred into Charles City County: November 1-5, 1864
- NP: August 11, 1902 New Orleans Times-Picayune: Donaldsonville Cannoniers at the Siege of Petersburg, Part 9
- NP: March 4, 1925 Potsdam NY Courier and Freeman: Orlando P. Benson Diary, 92nd NY, Part 4
- OR XLII P1 #6: Itinerary of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the James, August 1-December 31, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #8: Reports of Major Nathaniel Michler, Acting Chief Engineer, AotP, September 17-November 14, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #11: Report of Brigadier General Marsena R. Patrick, Provost-Marshal-General, AotP, July 30-November 1, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #123: Report of Surg. T. Rush Spencer, Medical Director, V/AotP, Nov. 1-Dec. 30, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #252: Report of Maj. Atherton H. Stevens, Jr., 4th MA Cav, Prov/X/AotJ, Nov 1-5, 1864
- OR XLII P1 #362: Reports of Major General Bushrod R. Johnson, commanding Johnson/DNCSV, Aug 2-Dec 31, 1864