This page contains a list of regimental histories, diaries, letters, and other documents for Massachusetts regiments which participated in the Siege of Petersburg. These books are organized by regiment. If you know of a book not listed here, please use the Contact form and let us know!
- 5th MA Cav: The Fifth Massachusetts Colored Cavalry in the Civil War
- 10th MA: “Ours.” Annals of 10th Regiment, Massachusetts Volunteers, in the Rebellion
- 10th MA: The Civil War Diary of Berea M. Willsey
- 10th MA: The Tenth Regiment, Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, 1861-1864
- 10th MA: When This Cruel War is Over
- 11th MA: A Narrative of the Formation and Services of the Eleventh Massachusetts Volunteers
- 12th MA: History of the Twelfth Massachusetts Volunteers (Webster Regiment)
- 15th MA: The Story of the Fifteenth Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War, 1861-1864
- 19th MA: History of the Nineteenth Regiment, Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry
- 19th MA: Reminiscences of the Nineteenth Massachusetts Regiment
- 19th MA: The Civil War Diary of Lieut. J.E. Hodgkins: 19th Massachusetts Volunteers from August 11, 1862 to June 3, 1865
- 20th MA: Fallen Leaves: The Civil War Letters of Major Henry Livermore Abbott
- 20th MA: Harvard’s Civil War: The History of the Twentieth Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry
- 20th MA: Letters from a Surgeon of the Civil War
- 20th MA: The Civil War: The Nantucket Experience, Including the Memoirs of Josiah Fitch Murphey
- 20th MA: Touched with Fire; Civil War Letters and Diary of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- 20th MA: Twentieth Regiment of Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry 1861-1865
- 36th MA: Remember me to all the friends: Civil War Letters from George W. Harwood Massachusetts 36th Regiment
My G G Grandfather Moses C Bartlett, was 1SG, Company B, 35th Mass. Went to aid wounded CPT Blanchard and was struck
by a reb minet ball at the crater, 30 July 1864, KIA.
Moses had also been wounded in the foot at Antietam while serving in 8th Mass.