This page contains a list of regimental histories, diaries, letters, and other documents for Alabama regiments which participated in the Petersburg Campaign. These books are organized by regiment. If you know of a book not listed here, please use the Contact form and let us know!
- 4th AL: From Huntsville to Appomattox: R.T. Coles’s History of 4th Regiment, Alabama Volunteer Infantry, C.S.A., Army of Northern Virginia
- 4th AL: Reuben Vaughan Kidd: Soldier of the Confederacy
- 10th AL: Company G of the Tenth Alabama Regiment During the War Between the States
- 10th AL: I Saw the Elephant
- 11th AL: A Glance Backward: Or, Some Events in the Past History of My Life
- 11th AL: The 11th Alabama Volunteer Regiment in the Civil War
- 12th AL: Sketch of the Twelfth Alabama Infantry of Battle’s Brigade
- 12th AL: Theodore O’Hara: Poet-Soldier of the Old South
- 12th AL: When I Think of Home: The Civil War Letters of William Harrison “Tip” Crow
- 15th AL: Gettysburg Requiem : The Life and Lost Causes of Confederate Colonel William C. Oates
- 15th AL: Recollections of War Times, By an Old Veteran, While Under Stonewall Jackson and Lieutenant James Longstreet
- 15th AL: The War Between the Union and the Confederacy, and its Lost Opportunities
- 44th AL: A Year of Starvation Amid Plenty
- 44th AL: The Devil’s Den: A History of the 44th Alabama Volunteer Infantry Regiment, Confederate States Army, 1862-1865
- 47th AL: A Sketch of the 47th Alabama Regiment Volunteers C.S.A.
- 47th AL: Confederate Soldiers From Chambers County, Alabama, and Thereabouts
- 47th AL: Forty-seventh regiment Alabama volunteers, C. S. A.
- 47th AL: Historical Sketches of the Forty-seventh Alabama Infantry Regiment, C.S.A.
- 47th AL: Memories of the War of Secession
As you know, the 14th Regiment of Alabama Infantry was in Sanders’ and Forney’s Brigade at Petersburg. The only history of the 14th Alabama I have found was written by Marshall B. Hurst, but it only covers up through the battle of Salem Church, Chancellorsville campaign in May 1863. The title of Hurst’s book is “History of the Fourteenth Regiment Alabama Volunteers”, published in 1863. A recent edition that was edited by William Stanley Hoole was printed by the Confederate Publishing Company, Alabama in 1982. I purchased my copy from the Morningside Press book store several years ago.