CHARGE! is a miniature wargaming newsletter / fanzine published quarterly by the Johnny Reb Gaming Society, headquartered in York, Pennsylvania. It is designed for gamers of the American Civil War period, and in particular, those who use the popular Johnny Reb 3 gaming system developed by John Hill.
Each issue contains 2-4 original scenarios depicting historical battles at the regimental level, as well as articles on gaming strategy, tips on making wargaming terrain and accessories, painting guides, product reviews, and articles of interest to the Civil War gamer. Each digitally printed issue is normally between 24–28 pages, with spot color maps and full color photographs.
Four issues of the newsletter / magazine accompany the annual membership in the Johnny Reb Gaming Society (international or American), a nonprofit hobby organization created for regimental ACW gaming enthusiasts. Articles are written by members, as well as guest authors such as John Hill.1
- Charge! Issue 13, Page 16: Lewis’s Farm (Quaker Road) by Christopher Maes
- Charge! Issue 17, Page 21: Fort Fisher (First Attack) by Christopher Maes
- Charge! Issue 18, Page 22: Battle of the Crater by Michael Wedding
- Charge! Issue 22, Page 17: Namozine Church by Scott Mingus
- Charge! Issue 24, Page 2: The Battle of Fort Stedman by Doug Rogers
- Charge! Issue 27, Page 7: The Battle of Fort Pocahontas (Wilson’s Wharf) by Jerry Stefek
- Charge! Issue 5, Page 17: The Second Assault at Fort Fisher by David Glenn Jr.
- Charge! Wikipedia Entry ↩
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.