December 5, 1864
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today: Engagement of Federal Ironclads with Howlett’s Battery: December 5-6, 1864
- LT: December 5, 1864 Luther Rice Mills (26th Virginia)
- LT: December 5, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- MAP: Engagement of Federal Ironclads with Howlett’s Battery: December 5-6, 1864
- NP: December 5, 1864 Richmond Examiner: Death of Brig. Gen. Archibald Gracie, Dec. 2, 1864
- NP: December 17, 1864 Irish-American (NY): Monitor Onondaga Engages Battery Dantzler, Nov. 29, 1864
- NP: December 24, 1864 Irish-American (NY): Four Union Ironclads Attack Battery Dantzler, Dec. 5-6
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.