The Petersburg Campaign Online
Are you looking for information on the Petersburg Campaign, also commonly known as (somewhat incorrectly) the Siege of Petersburg or (completely incorrectly) as the Battle of Petersburg? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Beyond the Crater – The Petersburg Campaign Online strives to be the very best Petersburg Campaign site on the web.
Be sure to subscribe to Beyond the Crater via Email and get the best new information on the Petersburg Campaign delivered to your inbox daily!
Subscribe and learn more about the neglected Petersburg Campaign today!
Follow us on Twitter: @PetersburgSiege!
What Kind of Petersburg Campaign Information Can I Find at Beyond the Crater?
- Petersburg Campaign Articles from Primary Sources such as Battles & Leaders and the Southern Historical Society Papers
- Petersburg Campaign Orders of Battle Which Aim to Be the Most Complete and Thorough OOBs for the Petersburg Campaign on the Web
- Maps of the Petersburg Campaign and corresponding Battles Such as the Battle of Petersburg, the Battle of the Crater, and the Battle of Fort Stedman, among many others
- Newspaper Accounts of the Petersburg Campaign from Various Northern and Southern Newspapers at the time of the Siege of Petersburg
- A Chronological Today in the Petersburg Campaign series Which Looks at Each Day of the Siege of Petersburg
- Petersburg Campaign Diary Entries and Letters from Soldiers Who Participated in the Siege of Petersburg
- Official Records of the Petersburg Campaign from The War of the Rebellion: a Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies.
- Wargaming the Petersburg Campaign Contains Scenarios You Can Use to Recreate Key Battles from the Petersburg Campaign
- Petersburg Campaign Battle Summaries Give Brief Overviews of Key Battles During the Siege of Petersburg
- and many more items pertaining to the Petersburg Campaign or the battles and expeditions which occurred between mid-June 1864 and April 2, 1865.
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.