January 15, 1865
Major General John Gibbon assumes command of the Twenty-Fourth Corps, Army of the James.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- LT: January 15, 1865 Robert E. Lee
- LT: January 15, 1865 Delavan Bates (30th United States Colored Troops)
- LT: January 15, 1865 Charles Personius
- LT: January 15, 1865 Samuel K. Miller
- LT: January 24, 1865 Samuel K. Miller
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.