January 11, 1865
Confederate guerrillas attack foraging expedition from First Division, Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac one fourth of a mile south of Warwick Swamp on the Jerusalem Plank Road.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today: Skirmish Near Warwick Swamp: January 11, 1865
- EXCERPT: Skirmish Near Warwick Swamp, January 11, 1865 (History of the 189th NY)
- LT: January 11, 1865 George McEwen (AAG 2nd Div., 24th Corps)
- MAP: Skirmish Near Warwick Swamp: January 11, 1865
- NP: January 27, 1865 The Roman Citizen (Rome, NY): 15th NY Eng Letter, January 19, 1865
- NP: September 27, 1964 Petersburg Progress-Index: Siege Centennial, Part 29: When Endurance Was Heroic
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.