December 7, 1864
Federal expedition to Hicksford, and skirmishes, the Richmond, VA, Campaign. 12/7-12/1864.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today: Warren’s Stony Creek Raid, Day 1: December 7, 1864
- Blue & Gray Magazine, Vol. XXII, No. 3 (2005): The Petersburg Campaign: Beefsteak Raid & Applejack Raid
- “A Medal of Honor Winner’s Solo Charge”: The 88th Pennsylvania and the Applejack Raid, Dec. 7-14, 1864
- LT: December 10, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- Map Showing Route of Expedition under Maj. Gen’l Warren from Petersburg to Hicksford, Va. to destroy the Weldon R. R., Dec. 7 to 12, 1864: Official Records
- MAP: Warren’s Stony Creek Raid to Hicksford: December 7, 1864
- Map With Which We Set Out On Expedition to Hicksford, December 7-12, 1864: Official Records
- NP: October 25, 1945 Baldwinsville NY Messenger: 185th New York at Petersburg, Part 2
- NP: December 7, 1964 Petersburg Progress-Index: Siege Centennial, Part 34: A Raid Down The Railroad
- SHS Papers: Volume 9: History of Lane’s North Carolina Brigade at Petersburg, Part 3 by James H. Lane
- Stony Creek Raid: December 7-12, 1864
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.