December 1, 1864
Federal expedition to Stony Creek Station, and skirmish, the Richmond, VA, Campaign.
Note: All “Today In The Petersburg Campaign” blog entries are used with permission from Ronald A. Mosocco’s Chronological Tracking of the American Civil War per the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion. Order the book HERE.
Copyright © 1993, 1994 by Ronald A. Mosocco
Mentions of This Date at The Siege of Petersburg Online:
- 150 Years Ago Today: Expedition to Stony Creek Station: December 1, 1864
- Petersburg Medals of Honor: “I Was Mad as a Hornet”
- LT: December 1, 1864 Theodore Lyman
- LT: December 4, 1864 Justus G. Matteson (10th New York Cavalry)
- MAP: Expedition to Stony Creek Station: December 1, 1864
- NT: May 3, 1894 National Tribune: Captured at Stony Creek Station, Dec. 1, 1864
- NT: July 19, 1894 National Tribune: Pennsylvania Cavalry Take Two Forts at Stony Creek Station, Dec. 1, 1864
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.